The launch of the new Jaguar XE resulted in a spectacular Jaguar #FEELXE London Takeover on September 9 which culminated with a secret show by Emeli Sandé, performed on the Thames with a huge projection mapping experience on London County Hall as a stunning backdrop.
onedotzero's brief was to conceptualize and produce a 4-minute projection mapping piece that incorporated thousands of tweets and social media posts which inspired an emotional new track by Emeli Sandé called 'Feels Like'. The final projection provided a visual backdrop for Emeli Sandé's performance of the track, lighting up London County Hall and the river Thames with a riot of motion graphic colour and movement.
Other festivities included a theatrical show at Earls Court celebrating Jaguar’s past, present and future; performances by The Kaiser Chiefs, Eliza Doolittle and the Royal Ballet, a Jaguar XE reveal where the car was dramatically delivered to Earls Court by helicopter and high-speed landing craft down the Thames and a Jaguar XE sculpture at the London Design Museum.
Key facts from the launch:
· 10.2 million reach achieved in first 24 hours
· 3330 news articles generated globally in 48 hours
· Strong global broadcast reached 38.6 million from CNN, BBC, Antenna Z, ITV News, Channel 5 US, NDTV
· 650,000 views of XE live reveal event
· Social reach: Facebook XE reach: 4.1 million people; Twitter XE reach: 120 million people (30 million people #FEELXE hashtag reach)